A Hundred Indecisions

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Soccer Kick or Ballerina Bow

I've been kind of worried lately, because I haven't really been able to feel the baby moving much yet. All the books seems to agree that I should be feeling movement by this stage. I've felt some light flutters, someone else on another online bulletin board described the feeling as a swish, as if a goldfish were doing laps in your lower belly. I'm pretty sure I've felt some of those. But they are so faint... it's hard to know for sure that I'm not just imagining it.



But this morning, laying in bed between 7 minute snooze alarms, awake but not ready to face the day yet, I felt a distinct movement! In fact I felt two. After the first one, I tried to stay really still and there was another one! Then I laid my hands across my expanding belly, hoping to feel a third. I waited over five minutes, but nothing else. Finally, at the insistent urging of my bladder, I got up and began my day.



It's actually pretty cool, and I'm even more excited than ever for our upcoming ultrasound which is scheduled for next Monday (05/17) afternoon. Maybe we'll find out... was that our little boy practicing punts, or was it our little girl dancing in utero?



My only complaint is that these movements are occurring so early in the morning. I'm definitely an anti-A.M. kind of gal, so having an early riser for a child will be quite the challenge! Of course, I've been told to enjoy my sleep now (what little I can get between late-night bathroom breaks), because once Baby Mullen enters the world... sleep will become a thing of the past anyway. Just thinking about it makes me want to go take a nap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home