A Hundred Indecisions

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Squirrelly Car Talk

Yesterday morning MissM and I were in the car on our way to her Preschool Meet & Greet. So, out of the blue she pipes up from the back seat and tells me, "when I'm a grown up lady, I'm going to have a baby girl and I will name her Alaska, that's spelled J-E-L-E-N." (She has apparently called up Gwyneth Paltrow and Jason Lee for baby name advice while I wasn't looking.) Crazy as it seems, I simply spelled A-L-A-S-K-A correctly for her and silently vowed to commemorate this proclamation for use against her at some later date many, many, MANY years from now.

The Preschool gig where she gets to briefly meet her teacher for the upcoming year and see her room was all very anti-climactic as she has the same teacher and room as last year; luckily, she's a great teacher and MissM is as excited as ever. She wanted to stay and play, but the next child showed up right on time and we were shuttled off with a handful of papers and a "see-you-next-week" promise.

In the car on the way home, MissM requested the "squirrel" song from our new favorite CD, the movie soundtrack to Mamma Mia! which was one of my birthday presents. Normally she requests Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen, or Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (a Man after Midnight), so I was puzzled by her request. Upon further inquiry, it turns out "the squirrel song is number 2 on the CD, Mom! You know that one!"

Now, track 2 is Money, Money, Money. Unsure how this is the squirrel song, I cued it up and we sang along...
"Money, money, money
must be funny
in the rich man's world."


Actually, MissM's version went like this:
"Money, money, money
must be funny
it's a rich man's squirrel."

So, now you know. Money is a rich man's squirrel. I can't explain it. Maybe she's been watching too many reruns of this hilarious Phineas & Ferb song.

3 Comments:

  • Our current favorite request is the "Bob and Mary" song. It's really a Christmas song - "Unto Us this Holy Night." The second verse starts out "Mother Mary, Father Joseph..." but apparently sounds like "Bob and Mary..."

    By Blogger Michele, at 8/29/2008 8:09 PM  

  • Ellie does the same thing... she picks out one word out of an entire song and renames the song in that word's honor. It's my job - nay, my honor to figure out exactly which song on the CD she might be referring to. I feel your pain.
    Also, take it from me... write down the incident about the name thing... if you try to remember it and pull it out even four months from know, you won't be able to, much less fifteen years.
    I guess Miss M is "gellin'" (or is it Jelen?).
    Miss you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2008 4:17 PM  

  • LOL That is priceless! At this point I can make out the melody Ty is singing and most words that rhyme with the true version...

    I just read some of the more recent posts and they are hilarious! Thanks for brightening up the morning :)

    By Blogger Lori, at 9/22/2008 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home