A Hundred Indecisions

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Shake it up...

This week I've made a couple of drastic changes. Twice I've gotten up EARLY in the morning, before my daughter even wakes up, to exercise. Yes, me, the I'm-SOOOO-NOT-a-morning-person gal, up before 7 am, voluntarily. Earlier in the week I tried to exercise mid-morning while MissM was up and with me, but she just kept throwing herself at my legs and wanting to be picked up. And, while holding a 20+ pound toddler while trying to walk away the pounds would probably boost my metabolism, I'm just not up for that particular challenge yet.

And today, I chopped my hair. Well, I didn't actually do it. I went to a professional. I'd been putting off getting a haircut for nearly a year. But I got the name of a good stylist and went in and let her loose on my mane of straggly split-end, grown out highlight, ragamuffin long-@ss hair. Now I have light, swingy, swishy, layered, shoulder length fluff that I hope I will be able to style tomorrow after I shampoo it. She cut off A LOT of hair. I watched her sweeping up afterwards and I could've stuffed a throw pillow with all the hair she chopped. Not that I'd want a pillow stuffed with human hair, cause that's just weird.

I had a couple of good eating days earlier in the week, but it has since gone to hell. I figure I need to get myself on an exercise routine first (one thing at a time, otherwise I'm just dooming myself to failure), then focus on the food. I have, however, talked myself out of fast-food snacks and late night binges several times, events that I would normally have indulged in without a second thought. But my food choices at meal times are still pretty crappy. I'm blaming it partially on the old "it's that time of the month" excuse, because, well, it IS that time of the month. So there.

They are doing a "biggest l0ser" type contest at my office and I seriously considered joining, but decided to skip it when I found out that my starting weight would be public for the entire office to know. I just couldn't do it. There's no way I would let everyone know that. I've been told that I carry my weight well, and that I don't look like I weigh as much as I actually do. That said, there's no one with eyes in their head that would not see that I am obese. But to have that number publicized... I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So I am competing, but they don't know it. I'll just track my own progress. Of course I won't be eligible for whatever lame-o prize they decide on. But success would be its own reward.

Anyway, some other bloggers I read are working on becoming more beautiful versions of themselves this year, and that is inspiring me. So, I'll hopefully post more positive updates in weeks to come.

2 Comments:

  • I can't blame you Tace, I would not want my weight made public no matter what I weighed. Tell my age all you want but for everyone to know your weight that is a bit wrong. Even at weight watchers they do not let others know other members weight, it is just not right!

    I am proud of you for taking charge, it is amazing how little changes can make such a big difference in our feelings about ourself. I need a hair cut drastically, Syd being almost 1 I have worn out the pony-tail hair style, I cannot use the excuse that I have a child that pulls hair anymore!

    By Blogger TL, at 1/19/2006 9:47 AM  

  • OK - I cut my hair 2 weeks ago too. I needed something that would dry faster.

    I wish I had time to get up to exercise, but we're still getting up anywhere from 4am on with the girls these days. I *want* them to get up at 6 or so, but it never works out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/21/2006 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home