A Hundred Indecisions

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Disclaimer

Saturdays are typically the glorious day that I get to sleep in and my dear husband gets up with our munchkin and spends the morning with her. Sometimes when I wander down in the late morning, the two of them have gone off to run errands. Grocery store, lawn and garden center, post office, bank, etc.

I love those mornings. I wish I got more accomplished on those mornings, but relaxing is something that I don't indulge in much anymore. So, in a way, I am accomplishing something important.

I do have to say though, there are times when I've considered getting up early with them, just long enough to help my daughter get dressed. Because my husband's fashion sense for a little girl is beyond impaired. It's MIA. When he dresses her, sometimes I wish he would just add a post-it note to her forehead that says, "Mom slept in this morning and had nothing to do with my choice of clothing." That's a bit wordy, though. How about a post-it proclaiming, "Daddy dressed me today!" It's chipper and absolves me wholly from the fashion fiasco.

That said, I wouldn't trade my Saturday mornings for anything. Besides, soon enough my daughter will want to start choosing her own outfits and then I'll have to be seen in public with my own preschool version of "What Not to Wear". Lately, she's been in love with her butterfly dress, which is a little polyester print dress her grandma got for her last year. It's starting to get a little too short, but if it was up to her, she'd wear it EVERY DAY, dirty or clean, doesn't matter much to her. I bought her a couple of new sun dresses a couple weeks ago, but she's still in LOVE with the butterflies.

3 Comments:

  • Lucky for you! Eric has let me sleep in one weekend morning in the last 18 months. And "sleeping in" was 7:30.

    By Blogger Michele, at 6/17/2007 12:25 PM  

  • Lets print up some shirts that say "Daddy Dressed Me Today." I bet we would make a million!

    By Blogger TL, at 7/26/2007 9:11 PM  

  • I have the blessed misfortune of having a fashionista (ever since she was old enough to put together a sentence, it was something to the effect of I don't want to wear that). Best of luck to you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/29/2007 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home