A Hundred Indecisions

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Do I jump?

I've been moderating the following internal debate:

Issue: Should I pursue a serious attempt at being a writer?

Pros:
1. It's what I've always wanted to do.
2. It would allow me unlimited flexibility in my work schedule.
3. It might actually make me happy.

Cons:
1. Maybe I'm only good at writing in the same way that all those American Idol cast-offs think they're good at singing.
2. I already have a superbly flexible part-time job that pays real money twice a month.
3. Maybe I'll start writing and only make myself more tortured than I already am.

The debate rages simmers on... discuss amongst yourselves.

2 Comments:

  • How supportive is the husband? If he's all for it - then yes.

    Do you have a story to tell? That was always my problem. I'd have the beginnings, but never enough to make it interesting.

    By Blogger Michele, at 6/14/2007 8:37 PM  

  • I say do the writing thing. Go for your passion.

    By Blogger TL, at 7/26/2007 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home