A Hundred Indecisions

Friday, January 23, 2009

Attitude and Gratitude

Today was a crappy day:
  • MissM had a bad day at preschool today. Bit her tongue and bled and cried. Didn't get to sit next to her favorite buddy at lunch. Sulked in the nap area instead of playing with the other kids.
  • Husband found out our healthcare will be changing to the carrier that the best hospital system in the KC Metro no longer accepts.
  • I got my 401K statement for 4Qtr2008 and it's just beyond sad.
  • I lost my keys at the grocery store.
  • Our mini-grocery cart got stuck in a hole in the parking lot and tipped over, knocking MissM on her caboose and giving me a large, lovely bruise on my right shin.
But even when things suck, I still have many things to be thankful for:
  • My daughter loves going to preschool. Daily drama is quickly forgotten. Little bodies (including tongues) heal fast.
  • We HAVE healthcare.
  • I have an awesome job that still let's me contribute to my 401K and even honors their matching arrangement, even though I'm only part-time.
  • Some angel at the grocery store turned my keys in to the customer service desk.
  • I have dark opaque tights I can wear to obscure the bruise when I get dressed up tomorrow to accompany husband to a chamber of commerce dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home