A Hundred Indecisions

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Inversely Proportional

There are many things about pregnancy that I find strangely out of balance. For example, now that morning sickness is mostly a memory, I find that my appetite is inversely proportional to the amount of food I can actually eat in a sitting. I feel ravenous, as if I could easily tuck in a five course meal complete with appetizers, soup, salad, entrees, AND dessert. But when it comes time to actually eat, I'm full to bursting after two bites of salad.



Here are some other inversely proportional relationships that I've noticed:

* the more tired I am, the less likely I am to sleep comfortably.

* the increased degree of urgency demonstrated by my bladder only leads to a frustratingly decreased production volume.

* the smallest amount of sentimentality (in a TV commercial, for example) produces an overwhelming emotional response often including tears. (Can we say hormones?)

* the shorter the time period from now to the due date, the longer the list of "things that must be done before baby arrives".

* the later the hour, the earlier my attention span gives out...



And that being said, I could probably come up with umpteen more examples, but I find myself bored with the subject. And if I'm bored... you guys can stop yawning now, really, I get the picture!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home