A Hundred Indecisions

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Grin and Bear It

I really hate the dentist. Not as a person, I'm sure my dentist is a really nice woman. She's got family and friends that all find her delightful, no doubt. And she's undoubtedly a good dentist. I can't say I really have any complaints about her work.

Yet, I stand by my original assertion. I hate the dentist. The poking, prodding, picking, the clucking of her tongue, the admonition to floss regularly, the announcement that I would need at least one filling, it all sucks. It sucks more than the little plastic hose thing-a-ma-bob that they use to suck the spit out of your mouth as they work.

Sigh, and paying the dentist. I hate that too. Scheduling the appointment to come back and get the filling, hate it. Learning that they also think my crown should be replaced, ditto, hate that as well.

Going to the dentist this afternoon has really filled me with negativity. I need something to lift my spirits. Perhaps I should gorge on the giant tub-o-m&m's that lives just outside my cubicle. Not just plain m&m's, but peanut, peanut butter, and almond m&m's as well. Yep, some nice soothing chocolate candy, that will improve my mood!

mmmm, grmmfmbm. I'm sorry, did you say something? I can't hear over the sound of my own chewing? Ironic? Just because I'm combatting depression caused by cavities with pleasing little chocolates that will further rot my teeth... I don't see it. Just shut up! You're interrupting the zen of my chocolate buzz!

2 Comments:

  • i can't believe it! i've just come back from the dentist and was thinking about writing a post about it but you did soooo well i think i won't. i TOTALLY agree with you. today my dentist found out that i have 4 cavities! half of my face is numb because of the anaesthesia, i can't even drink from a cup! and i have to go back next week!

    By Blogger irene, at 4/14/2005 7:25 AM  

  • Ugh. I'm with you. I hate when they talk to you wheile their hands are lodged deep within the confines of your teeny tiny mouth. And expect an answer. Ugh.

    Way to battle the Dentist Depression... eat CANDY.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/14/2005 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home