A Hundred Indecisions

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Hair cuts, corn muffins, and tears

It was a busy weekend around our household. On Saturday, I finally got my hair cut (which has been overdue for practically a year...). I like my hairstylist, she always gives me a good cut; but whenever she styles it, she totally flat-irons and sleeks the heck out of my hair and makes it look like a wet seal has been plastered to my head. Sigh. We also went grocery shopping, dropped off dry cleaning, washed the car, and went to church. Later that evening, I made corn muffins for Sunday lunch and cleaned up the kitchen. Whew!

Sunday, our family celebrated my grandma's 88th birthday. We all converged on her house, brought in lunch. I contributed the corn muffins to compliment my mom's chili. Of course, I could have gotten away with not bringing food, so long as I bring the BABY! She's the star of the show any time we have a family get together. Unfortunately, she had a little too much of a good thing this afternoon. Everytime I tried to get her down for her afternoon nap, someone interrupted. I kept moving to empty rooms, but someone would follow me in and either 1. talk loudly 2. turn on the TV or 3. otherwise make extremely loud noises while trying to be quiet. Sigh.

And I, as mama, of course, bore the brunt of the fall out from this lack o' nap since my daughter decided to scream bloody murder the entire drive home. All. Forty. Minutes. For awhile, I cried with her. She doesn't normally cry for so long, but we were the only ones in the car on the highway. I was afraid if I stopped to try and console her, it would only make things worse. So we drove on: speeding, crying, me feeling like my heart had been ripped out of my body and was being drug behind the car. She finally cried herself out and fell asleep less than 3 minutes from the house!

2 Comments:

  • I've been there and done that. I sooooo understand. I can't tell you how many times I cried with an unconsolable child. Our doc said they get stressed out, too.
    Sorry about the seal plastered to your head. I bet your hair looks fab.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/21/2005 8:04 PM  

  • Oh God! I thought I was the only one who cried when they baby cries. Glad to know I am not alone. Sorry Tace, I had to laugh while reading, I so feel your pain!

    By Blogger TL, at 8/22/2005 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home