A Hundred Indecisions

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Soundtrack of My Life

With a Little Help From My Friends
***
What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song,
And I’ll try not to sing out of key.
I get by with a little help from my friends,
I get high with a little help from my friends,
I’m gonna try with a little help from my friends.
What do I do when my love is away.
(Does it worry you to be alone)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because you’re on your own)
No I get by with a little help from my friends,
I get high with a little help from my friends,
Oh, I’m gonna try with a little help from my friends.
Do you need anybody,
I need somebody to love.
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to love.
Would you believe in love at first sight,
Yes I’m certain that it happens all the time.
What do you see hen you turn out the light,
I can’t tell you, but I know it’s mine.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends.
I get high with a little help from my friends,
Oh I’m gonna try with a little help from my friends.
Do you need anybody,
I just need somebody to love,
Could it be anybody,
I want somebody to love.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mm I’m gonna try with a little help from my friends,
Oh I get high with a little help from my friends,
Yes I get by with a little help from my friends.
****
*My friends have helped me survive high school, first love, first heartbreak, moving, college, first drunk evening, subsequent drunk evenings, subsequent heartbreaks, getting married, being married, giving birth, having a daughter, and all the thousands of other glorious and mundane events that make up the fabric of my life.
*And I'm lucky enough to have many dear friends: the one who was my friend in grade school even after she moved out of state, the friend who walked with me to school all through junior high and part of high school, the one who has taken me on multiple impromptu escapes to the beach, the one who put me to bed on my 21st birthday even though I don't remember that part of the evening, the one who I met through our respective beaus and kept as a friend even after we dumped the boys, the one who listens to me complain daily about my life as a wife and mother even though she knows I wouldn't have it any other way, the one who gave birth to me, the one who gave me his last name and helped me create our daughter. There are many others too, but I'll be up all night if I try to acknowledge them all.
*I think our lives are largely defined by the other people in them. It's funny how with true friends, it never matters how long it's been since you've talked, you can pick back up like it was just yesterday. They can make you laugh, make you cry, make you nostalgic for days gone by, or make you eagerly anticipate an upcoming visit.
*Here's a big hug to all those in my wonderful circle of friends, thanks for making my life what it is!

1 Comments:

  • I don't know what the heck is wrong with Blogger. It wouldn't let me include any line breaks in my post! Grrrrr.......

    By Blogger Tacey, at 3/10/2005 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home