A Hundred Indecisions

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Note to Self

When trying on clothes in the morning to see if they fit, remember to test clothing both standing AND sitting. Sometimes clothes fit more or less when standing, but fit less than more when sitting. Sigh. And I was all excited that I could actually wear this particular button up shirt and it buttoned up across my still-nursing chest and cleavage without the oh-so-attractive gap between the buttons.

Now I'm at work, and the shirt is gaping open between the buttons across my yeah-I-just-had-a-baby-and-my-waistline-will-never-be-the-same middle. (OK, so my baby is already 7 months old, just.shut.up.)

I've got to do something about my weight. Something besides moaning about it between binges of Krispy Kremes and Lays Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips (OMG, these are so totally no-one-can-eat-just-one yummy, in fact, they are watch-me-eat-durn-near-the-whole-bag-in-one-sitting yummy).

I think I have to quit sugar. Cold turkey. Right after I finish my Dr. Pepper. And give away this brownie on my desk. Ugh.

4 Comments:

  • I gave away the brownie. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

    By Blogger Tacey, at 4/19/2005 11:43 AM  

  • I fell for the fits-standing-but-not-sitting thing this week too. A very nice dress, but tight in the tummy when sitting. I guess I'll put it back in the closet for another year...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2005 11:40 PM  

  • Uh, yeah. Add to the list: Look at your backside in the mirror. I was so pleased when I fit into my prepregnancy jeans. I wore them in public. Got home, looked in the mirror at the view from behind. Not. So. Good. Um. Yeah. That's my big ol' ass. Right there in pants not quite ready for me. Sooo. My daughter is two. ..put down the ice cream and no one will get hurt...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/22/2005 9:39 PM  

  • Hey! Good news! Lays Cheddar and Sour Cream come in a fat free variety. Yes, I said FAT FREE! They're really quite good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/27/2005 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home