A Hundred Indecisions

Monday, January 23, 2006

Memoirs of Minutiae

I'm going to blame this one on sheer mental fatigue. Over the last few weeks, anytime I get on the elevator at work, it takes me forever to decide which button to push, which floor I need. This wouldn't be worth mentioning, except that I work in a two-story building. TWO STORIES. Yep. The 1st floor has the main entry and a couple of financial offices, and the second floor is entirely occupied by the company for whom I work. This should be a no-brainer, right?! If I'm coming TO work, push "2", go UP to the office. If I'm going home, push "1", go DOWN to the lobby. But lately, this stumps me for at least a good fifteen seconds.

And before anyone comments- yes, I know, I could take the steps (it's just one story to climb, after all). But the smokers lurk just outside the doors to the staircases. I can't stand walking through that haze of smoke to get in the building. I tried holding my breath as I walked through them, but it made me dizzy and I fell half way up the steps.

1 Comments:

  • I think a tropical vacation is in order for you my dear!! You sound like you have major burn out. I hope you are able to re-coop some of your mental strenght soon.

    By Blogger TL, at 1/27/2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home