A Hundred Indecisions

Friday, February 18, 2005

Fears and Confidences

I am afraid of ...
... missing something wonderful that my daughter does while I'm away at work part-time.
... ruining my own mother's experience as a grandmother by depending on her for daycare.
... what might happen to my daughter if she was in a daycare for profit, instead of being cared for by a person that loves her unconditionally.
... losing myself to being a mom.
... never being able to lose the weight.
... going through life without ever really pursuing my passions.

I am confident of ...
... the love of my family and my love for them.
... my ability to improvise in this great comedic production called parenthood.
... my sufficient supply of common sense.
... the fact that my daughter will grow up healthy, wealthy in friendships, and wise because she has two parents who want nothing more than that for her future.
... the sun rising tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, even when the clouds obscure my vision.
... myself as a creative force, occasionally let loose upon the world to wreak mayhem and merriment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home