A Hundred Indecisions

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

You spin me right round baby, right round...

... like a record baby, right round, round, round...

So do you think there will be a significant difference between a 1000 RPM front loading washer and a 1200 RPM model? I mean how fast do your clothes really need to spin? Just fast enough to force most of the water out of them, not fast enough to make them turn green & throw up.

After weeks of research and household discussion, we finally went appliance shopping this past weekend. I'd decided what KIND of washer and dryer I wanted, now it was just pricing different brands and different stores. We spent a better part of Saturday going from the local Hardware Megacenter to the Electronics Superstore to the Softer Sided Department Store and finally we ended up at the eNormous Furniture Megastore, where the prices couldn't be beat. So we ended up with this New Washer and New Dryer. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about these new appliances! It's sad really.

The pair should be delivered on Thursday and I will not miss our old machines AT ALL. Although they are fully functional, there is this minor quirk that if you use the large load water setting but fail to stuff the washer tub jammed full of clothes, it tends to leak all over the floor. My dear husband kept attributing this to "user error", but a washing machine shouldn't flood your laundry room if it is in good working order.

Anyway, new frontloading machines are on their way and I'm looking forward to doing laundry this weekend. (Sad, really pathetic and sad...)

: )

1 Comments:

  • My thought is that if your clothes are spinning fast enough to make them turn green and throw up, you've negated the purpose of the washer. Now you have to use bleach AND the gentle cycle.
    And it is sad to look forward to laundry, but I freely admit that I get all tingly when I see that shiny black w/d set that looks like it could beat the Concorde around that globe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2005 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home