A Hundred Indecisions

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Less is More

From now on, I'm going to title any blog posts regarding my battle of the bulge with LiM for Less is More. My hope is that with less physical weight to hide behind, I can become more, more authentic about who I really am inside and out.

OK. So, last week I joined ediets.com. For the low, low price of $2.99 a week, they give me a meal plan, shopping list, and motivational stuff to read. Really, I chose to sign up because the meal plan is flexible and let's me choose frozen meals for lunches and cooked dinners. Also, I need to log in weekly and update my weight which holds me somewhat accountable.

So far, so good. My weigh in day is Tuesday and after one week, I've lost 2.5 pounds. I didn't follow the meal plan to the letter, but I watched my portions, avoided 85% of the crappy junk food that I normally eat and went for two walks with my family.

I've been playing phone tag with a personal trainer who used to be roommates with a super cool gal I know from church. Anyway, I'm thinking a little push and motivation may be what I need to get over the hump and start exercising regularly again. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home