A Hundred Indecisions

Saturday, April 30, 2005

LiM: Sweat Equity

After a week of phone tag (which does not burn calories), I finally connected with the personal trainer. And I agreed to have an initial session with her today, Saturday morning at 8:30 am.

In my old life, voluntarily being somewhere other than my bed at 8:30 am on a Saturday morning was absurb. It didn't happen. As a mom, I'm up by approximately 7:00 am every morning, whether I'm ready or not.

So, this morning, I'm there and ready at 8:30 am. I got measured and weighed and then the workout. It wasn't all that strenuous, for someone who isn't way overweight and out of shape. But for me, ugh! We alternated cardio with weight training. The cardio is what kills me. A couple of times I got really out of breath, like knot-in-the-chest, I-think-someone-is-sitting-on-my-breastbone out of breath. I hope I haven't developed asthma. I hope it's just because I'm so out of shape.

Anyway, I survived the hour and signed up for eight sessions. My short term goal is to lose a dress size or two in the next six weeks so I don't have to buy new clothes for our trip to Hawaii. Also, I want to be able to do the volcano hike and snorkeling activities without killing myself.

Now, I'm home and all my muscles feel like jello. It's a good hurt though. I've napped when the wee one napped and taken some ibuprofen. I think I'll live to sweat another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home