A Hundred Indecisions

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Loaded Questions

Poopwatch 2005 is officially over! I knew that adding solids (rice cereal, oatmeal, and now sweet potatoes) to our daughters diet would change the consistency of her output, but I had NO idea that it would so drastically impact the frequency, or more accurately, the infrequency. You see, our girl had not pooped since Tuesday. It's now Saturday morning and we finally have poop! That's 24.. 48.. 72.. 96 hours since the prior occurrence.

I went in to get her this morning and there was a certain aroma clinging to the air around the crib. She was laying there happy and smiley as ever. (Where did this child inherit her happy morning disposition from?? It wasn't me!) I asked her, "Did you finally deliver a package in your panties?" She merely grinned in response... talk about a loaded question.

We moved over to the changing table and great-googly-moogly was there a lot of poop! Amazingly all still contained in the diaper (gotta love Pampers). I'll spare you the intimate details of the change in consistency, but her diet has changed from 100% liquid breast-milk to a mix of solid and liquid, so I'll leave you to do the math on that front.

Anyway, all in our household are greatly relieved (some physically, some psychologically) and life goes on. I used to wonder about those stories that claim new parents always talk about baby poop... well, they do say to write what you know. And this I know... if you're a parent, you can't help but become obsessed with your children's output, in all formats, including... poop!

Somehow, I feel more official as a parent now that I have a written about this loaded topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home