A Hundred Indecisions

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

This Old Nest

Apparently sometime around month five of pregnancy, the nesting instinct is supposed to kick into action. I'm well past that magical month and still waiting for the urge to strike. I think maybe my nesting instinct is still lurking, trying to decide whether or not it wants to emerge full force.



I have been having strange fits of tidying-up. But it comes and goes in tiny spurts. Therefore, one small surface of the house will be sparkling clean and immaculate, while everything else languishes in squalor (ok, it's probably not that bad...). For example, the guest bathroom toilet is clean, but don't look too closely at the floor. I dusted the piano in the living room, but now the multiple layers of dust bunnies on the china cabinet feel all superior and darwinian (having survived the latest spurt) and are threatening to take over the top of the dining room table as well.



I've at least decided on a classic Winnie-the-Pooh theme for the nursery, and the decision itself seems to be all I can accomplish so far. I went and looked at paint colors but was quickly overwhelmed and walked out with just a few of those little multi-colored paint placards to mull over. But I've only got two and a half months left! I've got to get busy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home