A Hundred Indecisions

Monday, August 01, 2005

Never Say Never

I've frequently seen bloggers list things they want to do before they die, or goals they want to accomplish before they turn 40. I was having a conversation the other day and someone said, "Oh, I'd NEVER do that!" This made me think, are there things I can unequivocally say I'll never do... turns out, there are.

I, being of sound mind and unsound body, hereby avow that I will NEVER ...

  1. Run for public office.
  2. Own a cat (allergies).
  3. Buy a car with a standard transmission.
  4. Get a tattoo (too much of a wimp).
  5. Shave my head.
  6. Inject, snort, or swallow illegal drugs.
  7. Pierce anything besides my ears.
  8. Vote for Hillary Clinton.
  9. Swim the English Channel.
  10. Climb Mount Everest.
  11. Forget giving birth to my daughter.
  12. Understand religious extremists.
  13. Condone intolerance.
  14. Play professional sports of any kind.
  15. Stop learning.
  16. Intentionally disappoint my family.
  17. Have a completely clean house.
  18. Get rid of my old diaries.
  19. Stop believing in the tremendous power of laughter.
  20. Have a perfect complexion.
  21. Be ashamed to tell the story of how my husband and I met online.
  22. Turn down ice cream, german chocolate cake, or a really good strawberry Margarita.
  23. Be able to repay my parents for everything they've done for me. (Although giving them a grandchild has gone a long way...)
  24. Love anyone more than I love my husband and daughter and any future kidlets we may have.
  25. Regret channeling my creative energy into writing

Is there anything that you'd NEVER do?

2 Comments:

  • I am Sooooo there on several of these. In fact, some of them were on my list but got voted off the island by others. That's no surprise, though, my like-minded friend.
    However, while intolerance is bad, excessive tolerance is worse, in my book.
    Yea for the Clinton reference.
    And, I *state my name* do solemnly swear to never throw out my old diaries, either. (too much good stuff in there.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/02/2005 7:15 PM  

  • I don't know about things I'd NEVER do, but how about things you've done a that you'd never thought you'd do in a million years? I guess that's the phase I'm in now, so it's all I'm thinking about these days. With the twin thing going on inside of me, I'm having to do all sorts of things I never thought I'd be doing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/03/2005 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home