A Hundred Indecisions

Friday, August 05, 2005

Face down in the salsa...

Happy Birthday to me!
I've turned thirty-three.
I'm partying this evening
With drinks, friends, and glee...

That is, provided that I don't fall asleep before the action begins. My nearly 11 month old girl, who was previously sleeping through the night on a semi-regular basis, has had horrible sleeptus-interruptus syndrome all week. Last night I slept from 11:40 to 1:40, then we were up until about 4:45, then normal bright-eyed and bushy-tailed wakening at 7:45.

This is killing me. I'm a person who NEEDS her sleep. I've got to get at least 6 solid hours to even maintain the illusion of being functional during the daytime. A regular 8 hours a night and I resemble a real walking, talking, able-to-contribute-to-society adult.

A pair of three hour naps just isn't cutting it. So, if you find me face down in the salsa tonight, please lift up my head and stick a tortilla chip in my mouth!

3 Comments:

  • I am an evil, evil friend. I have a card. I bought it. I can see it from the sofa. Yet it is unmailed.

    Not that this is any excuse, but I got put on bed rest on Tuesday, but the Dr. said I could certainly walk to the mailbox each day...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/06/2005 7:16 AM  

  • Wow. I'm evil too. Your card is taunting me as I blog.

    That said, I do attest to your insatiable need for sleep. This woman used to sleep for DAYS, my friends, DAYS. Of course, that was in college. I think we all slept more then. Silly children. Sleep is for adults.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/07/2005 7:52 PM  

  • Happy Belated Birthday Tacey!!! Hope it was a good one!

    By Blogger TL, at 8/18/2005 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home