A Hundred Indecisions

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Ten Things I Hate

There are certain things in life that I could really do without. I'm talking about things I absolutely hate to do. If I could pay someone to do these things for me, I would (unfortunately, for some things, it just doesn't work that way).

Here are the top ten things that I HATE TO DO:

  • 10. Dusting - it makes my allergies act up and my sinuses get all goopy.
  • 09. Getting a pap smear - it's just the most uncomfortable little procedure ever.
  • 08. Doing yard work - I can't stand getting dirt under my nails, sweating, and getting sunburned; it's a triple-threat.
  • 07. Recording my time for work - I have to account for all my work hours in 15 minute increments, even though my work isn't billable; and I have a very multi-tasking kinda job, so every 15 minutes could be a different activity. Tedious, very tedious.
  • 06. Cleaning toilets - this used to be lower on the list, but now that I live with a boy, it's way grosser; it's one of those marriage bonus features no one warns you about.
  • 05. Trying on swimsuits - even skinny girls hate this, but being overweight makes this even MORE tortuous.
  • 04. Going to the dentist - I've already written about my feelings on this topic.
  • 03. Going to the DMV - it's the fourth ring of hell here on earth.
  • 02. Driving in heavy traffic - nothing makes me crabby faster than driving in rush hour.
  • 01. Delivering bad news - I'm a people pleaser, and this task is the antithesis of that personality trait. My empathy quotient makes this the thing I hate most of all.

What things do you hate to do?

4 Comments:

  • Emptying the diaper genie, taking out the trash, filling my car with gas, people that will not take the initative....gee I could go on for days!

    By Blogger TL, at 8/24/2005 8:56 AM  

  • Dude, just so you know - I'm an equal opportunity insulter because I use the term 'girls' to refer to pretty much all female persons under the age of 80.
    :)

    By Blogger Tacey, at 8/24/2005 3:36 PM  

  • But most men ARE boys. And with Tace.. I call women girls, too.
    Tace - I laugh because so many of your hates are on my list too. What a hoot.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2005 3:05 PM  

  • But most men ARE boys. Of course, I call most women girls, too, but that's beside the point.
    Tace - I'm right there with you on so many. Check out my list: jenslifeonwheels.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/26/2005 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home