A Hundred Indecisions

Friday, August 12, 2005

Wait your turn! Don't take mine!!

Last night, after enjoying a fine performance of Hello, Dolly! at the local outdoor amphitheatre, I was treated rudely and callously TWICE, by two different vehicles, while trying to peacefully exit the parking lot. As with any large event, when it's over, everyone is trying to leave at the same time. Common sense and etiquette dictate that you proceed in an orderly fashion, letting every other car go and everyone will eventually get out alive.

The line of traffic ended just in front of my parked car. I was basically perpendicular to the last car. I pulled out and angled just a bit, so that as the car in front of me advanced, I could pull in behind him. I sat there patiently for several minutes, waiting to pull in behind him. Then this minivan came blasting in out of nowhere and pulled in right behind the car, and would.not.let.me.in! I kept pulling up closer to the side of the car I was supposed to be following, but the witch in the minivan just kept riding its bumper and wouldn't let me merge. It was such a blatant denial of my rightful spot, it really infuriated me. I pulled in behind her, wishing all kinds of bad karma upon her. Then a couple minutes later, another minivan refused to honor the every-other-car merging of 2 lines that is the polite and civilized thing to do.

It was at this point in time that I formed the following hypotheses about people in minivans:
a) they are inherently evil or
b) they traded in their common courtesy for the minivan keys or
c) they aren't getting enough sex.

Playing unfair during post-event parking lot departure is now added to my list of revocable offenses. A few more episodes like last night, and merely owning a minivan may be added to the list!

1 Comments:

  • I sense a theme. Bad drivers. Hmmm. I soooooo concur.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/12/2005 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home